Tuesday 24 September 2013

A poem: The Next Chapter



Not really felt like writing poetry recently to be honest as things are pretty much on the up, but this just came out! :) More of a positive, looking ahead one

The Next Chapter
The path weaves its way through the forest,
Rays of early morning sunlight shimmering,
Off the leaves and the dew from the grass.

The lake shallow, calm and clear,
Fluffy clouds reflecting in the water,
A soft breeze tickling the treetops.

My trail continues on twisting,
Not stopping for darkness or daylight,
Of a past or future unforetold.

If the next steps are as good,
As some of the last have been,
Then I’ll stand prouder and surer in my shoes.

In the back of my mind surrounded by bunting and fairy lights,
A space is cornered off for you to never be forgotten,
Good things should never be forgotten.

But that time is done and my story goes on,
A new face waiting behind each corner,
Anticipating my arrival.

I’ve got my hollow head up and heart searching,
Looking forward, no longer behind,
Scanning the horizon for the next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment