Wednesday 4 September 2013

A poem: Wrecked Soul

Hello! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Just haven't been really in the mood to write poetry, but thought I'd better do something!

This is Wrecked Soul, just a short one I wrote recently, hope you like it :)

Wrecked Soul


You were a stream that flooded my fields,
A tsunami devastating all in its way,
Drowning all I had.

The starlings of my summer flew away,
Vultures stomaching the remains,
Of a dream I had.

Butterflies left me for a safer place,
Wolves setting up camp in my emptiness,
Pouncing on what I had.

Oaks were uprooted and pines misplaced,
Stumps’ remnants cluttered my conscience,
Covering the clarity I had.

A person to return all my lost gifts,
With care enough to help me,
To repair what I have.

That’s all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment