Thursday 28 November 2013

A poem: Winter Longing

It has been just over two months since I last published anything on here, and for that I apologise! I just haven't really been in the right frame of mind to concentrate any thoughts into writing. During winter though, I feel like I have more time to condense these thoughts into work so that's how this one came about :)

Winter Longing:


We went from fact to fiction,
In the blink of an eye,
Did I ever exist?
Not on your timeline.

The days are getting darker,
An evil chill in the air,
Wicked winds attack,
My soul lost to the night.

Death invading my dreams,
Nightmares feeling real,
I’m a hollow shell,
Of a man once content.

Everyone needs to feel loved,
Especially in the winter,
When it’s too cold to hold hands,
I’ll be your glove.

Shooting stars fill the sky,
I wished on them all,
But once they disappear,
We know it’s all a lie.

But a glimmer of hope,
It provides for that moment,
Where light shines through,
Cutting the dark to shreds.

Each night I fall asleep,
Longing for someone beside me,
To wipe my slate clean,
And wake up next to.

Make my scars feel pure,
And I’ll do you no wrong,
A beautiful girl to love,
That is what I long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment